17 July 2020
Are you graduating this summer? Congratulations for getting your degree
in what must be one of the most challenging academic years to graduate –
doing it all from home is not easy after all! Congratulations to making it and
we hope you have a change to celebrate with your friends and family. As we
can imagine you’ll have a lot to look forward to post-graduation, we’re
sharing a quick check-list to smoothly transition between years.
Our post-grad check-list
- Are you a member of an existing EAGE Student Chapter? Make sure to
transfer your tasks to a fellow student still at university to keep your
- Moving to a new university for your postgraduate studies? Check
whether an EAGE chapter is already active there and see how you can
- Make sure to keep your contact details up to date. We know keeping
address details up to date is not the most exciting thing on your list
right now – we’ve been there 😉 However, if you want to stay in the
know, make sure we can reach you on a valid email address.
- Rather than shelving your thesis, consider presenting it! The EAGE
Student Fund offers a variety of opportunities to have yours
included at (online) conferences or workshops.
- Did you manage to secure an interesting job or that land dream
postgraduate course? Sounds like you’ve got a great story for a future
Student e-Summit. Drop us a line if you’re keen to be one of our future
Finally, if you’re up for it… consider giving back by making a donation to the
EAGE Student Fund! Your support definitely helps us provide the same
experiences to the next group of students.
About the author